Memoirs of Odstock 1907
These memoirs are from the Rector Philip Edward Miles and written in 1907 and contains information gathered over his time in Odstock for a number of areas: The Churchyard, Trees, Joshua Scamp, The Rectory House, the Village and the Schoold House.
The curse of St Mary’s Odstock
In the tale of Joshua Scamp, a curse was placed on St Mary’s church in Odstock in 1801. This curse is explored in more detail in this YouTube video, there are also a number books outlining the story.
In the early 2000’s a ceremony to lift the curse was performed as reported in this local newspaper article on Removing the curse.
Ariel photograph of Nunton from 1963